Welp, I made it!! I was honest to goodness worried about starting a restrictive nutrition plan on a Sunday with access to my kitchen all day long, but today was a solid success! I ate the foods I prepared when I got hungry for them and everything went pretty well.
I decided to journal my food a little differently this time. I’m posting everything I eat to a new Instagram feed, so if you’re wondering what a vegetarian person eating the Whole 30 way consumes, click here and follow!
A few things:
- I need some soy sauce. Bad. I bought the wrong kind and it’s guh -ross!! It’s made with black sesame seeds and is 2x concentrated. That’s what you get for assuming all soy sauce is created equal at the Asian food market.
- I also need some almond butter. It will be a salve that soothes, I’m certain.
- Plantain chips are about to become very important to me.
- Cauliflower rice does not taste like rice, it only looks like rice. Once it’s in your mouth it is definitely cauliflower no matter how much like rice it looks. Cauliflower is nummy, but it’s good to be aware going in that you can’t fool your mouth that easily!
- Cinnamon on sweet potatoes is heavenly.
- I got the sugar bug around 4:00, ate half an apple and it did the trick. Phew!
- Cashew cream is easy to make and it actually tastes really good! Soak a cup of raw cashews overnight in 2 cups of room temp water, pour off the water the next day, add 1/2 a cup of water and blend it up until it’s creamy smooth. I added salt, lemon and nutritional yeast to make mine more cheesy. It isn’t going to fool you into thinking it’s cream cheese or sour cream, but YUM! You won’t care!
I happened to come down with a vicious cold this morning so I sat around in a stupor all day. I did important tasks like making my bed and drawing in my bullet journal. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow and can work out.