Happy New Year! It wouldn’t be January first without a post about resolutions and such, so without further ado:
- I want to lose 40 pounds and will work to meet that goal through smart, healthy eating habits and consistent exercise.
- I want to run reasonably through the school year then will train in earnest for my half marathons through the summer.
- I want to retain my mental balance.
- I want to continue to stand up for myself in challenging relationships and continue to keep distance from caustic ones.
- I will spend less time on my iPad.
- I will use my hula hoop more often.
- I will drink less soda and will wean myself off if it altogether (again).
NYE started with a huge race registration-a-thon. I registered for the Better Half 5k, the Hot Chocolate 15k, the Kirkland Shamrock 5k, the Iron Horse Half and already am registered for the Blerch. My season is filled! Then I joined the fam where we spent yesterday saying goodbye to 2016 with a walk and family game night. We each got to choose an activity. My pick was hide-n-seek in the dark which has become a really fun game with my family lately. We don’t play for long, but it’s amazing to see how clever my kids are and who is a good hider or finder. We’ve all been impressed as Jude seems to always be the last one hidden. Anyhow, we also painted together, played Exploding Kittens and Super Smash Bros. something for everyone! It was a good way to say goodbye to 2016 before cozying up on our bed to watch the clack tick down to midnight.
Today I was a realist. I have to go back to work on Tuesday so I went for a run on my treadmill to meet my 5k every weekend goal then planned outfits for the week and prepped for meals. I am ending the day feeling low. While I made smart planning choices, I ended it all with three pieces of fudge and now have a headache, along with that guh-ross feeling in my gut. Bleh. I think it’s time to toss it. Especially if I want to keep on this losing streak. I bounced all over this weekend between 209-212 and finally seem to be a consistent 209. I can deal with that. Here we go! 2017!!!
New Year is always a time of reflection for me too. I haven’t really set any goals. Running is always on the list. I want to PR a 5k & 10k this year but to be honest that was last years too. You have set some good goals.