Sometimes I question my status as an Amazon. Am I really tall enough? Stocky enough? Muscular enough? Then I see a picture like this one taken today at my family’s annual chili feed and pumpkin patch visit, and seriously. I’m an a Amazon. I’m just, plain, HUGE! Those other taller people in the picture are my brothers and husband. The remaining big, giant person? ME! The Amazon!
Yesterday Gigi asked if I would do Zumba with her, and who was I to deny her? She loves that we can find almost any song with a Zumba routine attached to it on YouTube. About 15 minutes into our workout she remarked that she wasn’t working out very hard. I answered that I was pretty warm and sweaty, thinking it was just my nearly-42-year-old body, but she said she was all sweaty too. What she realized was that Zumba doesn’t feel like a workout. It just feels like you’re jumping and playing to music, but you actually ARE working out. The links were our two favorites that we did Saturday.
- Run at least ten miles. Part of those should be a longer run toward the end of the week. If I get that longer run in, I will most likely be past 10 miles and will feel pretty good about that.
- Document my food. This week will be fraught with treats. I need to keep on top of what I’m eating.
- Extinguish soda pop- again! I’ve picked up a very minor habit of drinking a glass of diet soda about every other day, but I need to just put it doooowwwnnn. Be done with it. Let it go.
- Enjoy my birthday. I have the birthday blues- I don’t know where to go to eat, dessert has too many calories, and really, I’m turning 42. What’s exciting about that? Really, it’s just disappointing and depressing and an age I never wanted to be and I’m just ready for it to be over. See? Here I go again. Enjoy your birthday, dammit!
- Keep strong, don’t eat the Halloween candy. Just DON’T EAT IT. If I don’t start, I won’t have to stop.
(I fuzzed my family out because I’m not sure if all of my family wants or is allowed to have their images online- no offense intended.)