I’m scared to take the leap and get rolling on my health again. I’m scared of failing. I’m scared of all my bad habits, my lack of willpower, my negative attitude about working out, my exhaustion… but more than that I’m afraid of letting go of all my progress and backsliding. I worked too hard to lose all this weight and get fit to gain it all back and lose my strength and fitness. I just have to. No choices. I guess this is what being a grown up really means: bootstraps and self reliance.
I was thinking about when I was first getting started so long ago. How I leaned on crutches, made goals, took babysteps and took each moment as it came to me so I wouldn’t overwhelm myself. Sometimes this meant I could look at the day or week and trust that I could do it. But sometimes my battle is fought minute by minute, hour by hour. I have to remember that my power comes from self talk, a lot of coaching in my head, a lot of determination and some basic rules I set up for myself. I also used to make prize goals for myself. Gifts or events I would earn for doing well on my project and met goals.
I guess what I’m saying is that I’m getting back to basics. I’m making rules, setting goals and earning prizes. I need to motivate myself and it all starts tomorrow.
This week’s Goals:
- Run once after school and on both Sunday (today) and Saturday next week.
- Go to lifting on Tuesday night.
- Track food in myplate every day to gather data and start making dietary changes.
- Weigh myself to see the scary number before Saturday, 10/14.
Cash and Prizes!
- 5 pounds lost: Baby Foot skin removal grossness fun
- 1st week when I meet all of my workout goals: Forest tapestry for my classroom
- 2 weeks in a row of solid workouts: FACIAL!
- Full month of meeting workout goals (4/week): Go to Michael’s and buy the thing 🙂
- 10 pounds lost: silicone lids
- 15 pounds lost: Mascara. You try to make it last forever, buy some new.
- 20 pounds lost: alfalfa sprout seeds
- 25 pounds lost: alfalfa seed growing lid thingies.
- 30 pounds lost: squatty potty stool
- 35 pounds lost: essential oils
- 40 pounds lost: oil diffuser
- If I can lose 10 pounds by 12/22, I can buy a tshirt at the Macklemore concert that night. If I lose more than that, I can get the sweatshirt or some other swag. Lol
- If I do all of this, I’m basically just purchasing my Amazon wish list! Ha!
Now we apply the goals, wait a year, work hard, and see what happens!!!