I’ll start off Right away by saying that last week was a success! I learned a few things:
- I learned that I have been eating way more than I should over the past year. That should be obvious with my weight gain, but I set my caloric intake to 1900 in my journaling app, thinking that was really generous, but then I felt like I was starving all week as I stuck to my plan. Clearly, I had some bad habits and I need to break them.
- Working out is really hard right now! I’m either dreadfully out of shape or I’ve gained some serious weight and it’s harder to carry it all! So I weighed myself to see which was most likely the culprit…
- Yeah, I’ve gained. I weigh 222. 220 is my code red, no options now point and I managed to go from last August, 2016, at 190 and just over a year later, I’m 32 pounds heavier! Unbelievable! I was pleased to learn why working out is a challenge, but disappointed that I’ve gained so much back.
- That said, 40 pounds seems like a drop in the bucket compared to 150 pounds. That felt impossible. This feels minor in comparison. It won’t feel that way as I lose it, but for now, I’ll cling to the feeling that this will be a cinch.
- I’m a slow starter. I need to ease my way into the weight loss process. Failure and fear shadow me from every corner so being successful at minor events makes a huge impact on my future success. This week was a getting started week, and I’m ok with that. The pounds will come off when my head is in the right place.
- Keep journaling and tracking. Continue to make positive changes to my diet. STAY ON PLAN. STAY STRONG.
- Hit 10,000 steps per day.
- Run three times.
- Lift twice- once on Tuesday, once at home.
- Post at least once to tamarashazam.
This weekend was Gigi’s birthday so there was more celebratory foods around than usual. I ate fries, chips and a sampling of tiny desserts that were definitely not on plan, but were for my girl. This week I’ll have to refocus on breaking the spell sugar has on me. We also headed to the mushroom show. Bradley and I went when we were first dating and it was fun to take the kids to it, then wander around in the woods, looking at the mushrooms we could find there. My dad surprised me with a visit and overnight and I made some story stones for my class. It was a good weekend with lots of sun, family, food and exercise! And can you believe I have a fourteen year old now?? Gah!