My injury played some serious head games on me. That twang hit my hip and knee and I lost it- all of my determination, my stamina, my hope. I just plopped down, threw my hands up and started singing the woe is me tune about how nothing is going my way. That I’m stopped at every turn and why oh why did this happen? Yeah. I had a nice little pity party full of giving up. I went to the doctors and was basically told to take it easy but I was pretty freaked out.
Anyhow, on Friday I kind of woke up and wondered what the heck happened. Sure, I had a minor injury, but it was minor. Minor. Then I happened to look at some pictures of myself from as recent as last summer, when I thought I looked fat, and I didn’t look fat. I looked great! Again: what was wrong with me? A little disgusted with my attitude, I decided to take stock of my accomplishments:
- I lost five pounds. While I was super disappointed to not lose the nine I wanted to lose through DietBet, I did lose five pounds. That’s nothing to sneeze at. Five pounds is great and I should be celebrating, not feeling ashamed.
- My exercise was consistent. I didn’t want to run a bunch outside, but I was getting it done and the work was showing on the scale and in my body.
- I have gained 40 pounds since my all time low of 190. It makes sense that working out is harder for me and will take some adjustment. I’ve got a lot more moving and shaking on my frame!
- I have a big fat roll around my middle that wasn’t there last year. I really despise it (not an accomplishment, more like a consequence, but somehow it belonged in the list 🤣).
- Running is tricky and I have a bunch of races in front of me, but that doesn’t mean I have to run them all. Some can have distances adjusted and others don’t have to be attended at all. I have a gym membership and should use it as much as I need to eat the workouts I need to see the outcome I want.
- I want it. Bad. I want it so bad that I decided I’m truly invested in doing the work that will get the results!
To that end, I decided to go to Zumba today. I danced wimpy, just to make sure things old go well, and they did! I didn’t do all the squats or lunges or leaps. If there was a bunch of jumping, I kind of hopped in place, if that makes sense. I was pleased to note that I still sweated my butt iff, my heart rate still soared appropriately and I got a good workout without the injury. I feel like I’m back. 🙂
I’m planning on going to spin/lift tomorrow and Zumba on Thursday. I’ll see about squeezing something else in, as well. Here we go again! I’ll try for four-six pounds this month and we will see what happens.